Random Names and Languages Generator
An utility to generate random names using high order Markov chains and several language rules which can be generated from scratch, from a word list or by randomly generating a new language from several user-defined parameters.
Note: for now only a pure python release exists, that means you must have python (and the wxPython library) installed for RNALG to work. I plan to add a compiled .exe release ASAP.
Features (as of v0.5)
- Fully functional name generator with support for various generation options (initial letter, prefixes and postfixes, randomization level).
- Uses the XML 1.0 markup language to store language rules files, used to generate different sounding names.
- Language Studio: a wizard to generate new language rules files using a list of names and words.
- Fully cross-platform using the python programming language.
- Open source and Free.
- Full support for unicode characters (accents and other language features)
- Wizard to generate new language rules files using a list of user defined rules.
- Wizard to generate random language rules files from a set of user defined parameters.
- Compiled ".exe" release.
Links and Downloads
- Download: Download from Sourceforge.net
- Project Page on Sourceforge: link.
- Project Status: working alpha. The name generator is almost complete and working; for now a language's rule file can only be generated from a wordlist or by manually writing a rule list file.
- Support Page: project forum.